Mrs. Poorna Vidwans
Mrs. PoornaVidwans joined New India School in 2005 as its first Principal of the Secondary Section and later in 2016 took over as the Principal of the Higher Secondary Section as well.
She completed her graduation and post graduation in Microbiology , standing first in Pune University at the graduation level. She has a rich experience in the education field, having taught in various CBSE schools across the country since 1989. She also served as Principal, Army School, Jorhat, Assam.
As Principal of New India Secondary and Higher Secondary School, Pune, for 14 years, she has been instrumental in planning, development and execution of academics, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, overall administration, interaction with parents, students and education department officials; managing various school events, school discipline, teacher development programmes and working towards the up-gradation of the school.
Some of her notable achievements are as follows :
- Awarded Global Teacher Accreditation by the British Council in December 2014 for successfully conducting an Action Research Project.
- Being a part of the Principals Delegation to Germany in Nov. 2014, organized by Max MuellerBhavan to study the institutes of Higher Education there, especially in relation to the opportunities for Indian students.
- Successfully completed the 21stCentury Skills, Master Trainers Progrmme in April 2015, conducted by Socrates Foundation.
- Awarded the first position at the state level and the third position at the all India level, in the Inter Board Contest on “Best Practices to Upgrade the Quality of Secondary Education“ conducted by the council of Boards of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
- Participated in the International Youth Summit on Disaster Management held in Japan in March 2015, organized by iEARN – Japan
- New India School students were awarded the Best Presentation Award under her guidance and leadership at the Asian Students Exchange Programme conference held in Taiwan in Dec 2017.